COMPOSTING TOILETS vs SEPTICS
Compared to a septic system, a composting toilet:
– Saves 35,000 litres of water per year per family
– No pollution
– No pump outs
– No major ground work etc.
COMPOSTING TOILETS vs AWTS
Compared to an AWTS*, a composting toilet:
– Saves 35,000 Litres / year of water per family
– Saves $1,000 / year in inspection fees, electricity and replacement parts
– Saves thousands of $$ to buy and install
*AWTS – Alternative Water Treatment System using aerators, pumps, chlorine and lots of electricity
LIFE WITH A COMPOSTING TOILET
How it looks – We think our toilets are works of art; most people think that what they see in their bathroom, depending on the model, looks just like a flushing toilet, but without the water wasting cistern (aka waterless toilet).
Maintenance – Less than an hour per year.
Cleaning – The pedestal is shaped such that it is unlikely to soil. You can clean the pedestal as you would a flushing toilet; just use our enzymes in place of disinfectant.
Odours – There is absolutely no smell in the bathroom; all odours are removed by a 12 volt fan.
As seen on Better Homes & Gardens